On International Podcast Day, the Cupertino tech giant celebrated by publishing its top 10 Apple Podcasts Subscription and channels for the June-September period. Cupertino tech giant usually does not share numbers, but this new list measures the success of its new Apple Podcasts Subscriptions and channels service launched on June 16, 2021, worldwide.
As part of the Apple Podcasts app, the new service is available in 170 counties and regions and allows listeners to now purchase their favorite audio files to enjoy exclusive and ad-free content from diverse genres of creators like entertainment, lifestyle, sports, news, comedy, and more. New premium podcasts subscriptions are added weekly.
Wondery Plus takes #1 spot on Apple Podcasts Subscriptions top 10 chart
In May, Amazon’s podcast studio Wondery signed to offer Wondery+ subscription service through Apple Podcasts and now it is one of the most popular podcasts on the app.
Top Apple Podcasts Subscriptions
1. Wondery Plus
3. Sword and Scale Plus Light from Incongruity
4. TenderfootPlus+ from Tenderfoot TV
5. PushNik from Pushkin Industries
6. QCode Plus
7. Imperative Premium Series
8. Podimo Deutschland from Podimo
9. U Up? from Betches Media
10. The Handoff from CNN
Top Free Channels on Apple Podcasts
1. The New York Times (26 shows)
2. Audiochuck (12 shows)
3. iHeartPodcast Network (186 shows)
4. Barstool Sports (56 shows)
5. Dateline NBC (6 shows)
6. ABC News (32 shows)
7. TED Audio Collective (15 shows)
8. ESPN (76 shows)
9. Crooked Media (17 shows)
10. Ramble (11 shows)
Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats said:
Apple Podcasts Subscriptions and channels launched just a few months ago and already listeners around the world are enjoying spectacular new shows and exclusive benefits from a variety of incredible creators such as Wondery, Luminary, and now Marvel Entertainment. Together we are writing the next chapter of podcasting — helping hundreds of millions of listeners find inspiration, connection, and joy while building robust and sustainable businesses with creators worldwide.
- Apple TV+ has launched ‘Foundation: The Official Podcast’ ahead of the series premiere on Sep. 24, 2021
- Exclusive Marvel shows now available through Apple Podcast subscriptions for $3.99 per month