New Apple Podcasts Subscriptions and channels have officially launched, globally. Apple Podcasts app users in 170 counties and regions can now purchase their favorite audio files to enjoy exclusive and ad-free content from diverse genres of creators like sports, news, comedy, and more. And every week more premium podcasts subscriptions will be added to the app.
Listeners can’t get enough of their favorite podcasts and want a simple way to support the extraordinary creators who make them possible Now, listeners can enjoy new content and additional benefits for thousands of new and popular podcasts, alongside millions of free shows, with more arriving every week. Apple Podcasts Subscriptions will help creators grow their businesses and continue to make podcasting an important source of information, entertainment, connection, and inspiration for hundreds of millions of listeners around the world.”
- On purchasing a subscription, a new ‘Subscriber Edition’ label will appear on shows and pages to identify the premium content.
- Subscribers can find new paid content easily via Search and from each show page.
- Listen Now section will show recommendations, allow users to browse shows and more.
“As listeners subscribe to channels, the Listen Now tab expands with new rows that provide easy access to all of the content included in the channel and with their subscription. Listeners who subscribe to two or more channels will see a My Channels row in the Listen Now tab, where they can browse and follow all of the shows offered.”
4. Share their favorite paid podcast channels via messages, mail and other messaging platforms.
Here is the list creators on Apple Podcasts Subscriptions and Channels
- ‘Birthful’ with Adriana Lozada,
- ‘Pantsuit Politics’ with Beth Silvers
- Sarah Stewart Holland
- ‘Snap Judgment’ with Glynn Washington
- ‘You Had Me At Black’ with Martina Abrams Ilunga
- QCODE’s apocalyptic thriller ‘Blackout’ starring Rami Malek and Aja Naomi King
- Realm’s ‘Orphan Black’ featuring Tatiana Maslany
- Politico’s ‘Playbook: Deep Dive’
- ‘Chameleon: High Rollers’ with Trevor Aaronson, from Campside Media:
- ‘The Handoff’ with Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo from CNN
- ‘The Midnight Miracle’ with Talib Kweli, Yasiin Bey, and Dave Chappelle, from Luminary
- ‘Revisionist History’ with Malcolm Gladwell, part of PushNik from Pushkin Industries
- ‘To Live and Die in LA’ with Neil Strauss, from Tenderfoot TV
- Radiotopia from PRX
- Lemonada Media
- The Athletic
- FOX News
- Los Angeles Times
- The Washington Post
- Sony Music Entertainment
The new Apple Podcasts Subscription is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac on iOS 14.6, iPadOS 14.6, watchOS 7.5, and macOS 11.4 or later, respectively. Subscribers will also enjoy their purchases on HomePod, HomePod mini, and CarPlay. Users must keep in mind that pricing for each subscription will vary because it is set by creators, starting at $0.49 per month and each subscription can be chared with up to six family members.
Listeners can manage their subscriptions, and switch from monthly to annual billing if offered, from their Apple ID Account Settings, accessible from the top of the Listen Now tab in Apple Podcasts.
- Apple Podcasts Subscriptions unveiled at Apple’s ‘Spring Loaded’ event
- iOS 15 features new Memoji customization options with 40 new outfits, new stickers and multicolored headwear options
- New Apple Music beta for Android introduces spatial audio, lossless audio and more
- Apple executives discuss the new iPadOS 15 multitasking improvements, Quick Notes, Swift Playgrounds and more