To enable developers to enhance their apps, Apple has updated the App Store Connect API (application programming interface) with new customization and automated tools. The updated API offers new capabilities like creating and submitting in-app events, custom product pages, and more.
Registered members of the Apple Developer Program have access to App Store Connect which allows them to upload, submit and manage their apps on the App Store via iPhone, iPad, and web. The suite of tools gives developers detailed reports on sales, access to app analytics, allows them to invite users to test their app with TestFlight, and more. Now, the updated App Store Connect API offers more flexibility and efficiency.
New App Store Connect API allows developers to create in-app events, custom product pages, and a lot more
As per the announcement, the updated App Store Connect API allows developers to automate and customize workflows on their apps with ease like creating in-app events, running optimization tests, making submissions of multiple items simultaneously, and more.
The App Store Connect API now offers greater flexibility to automate and customize workflows for your app. With these new capabilities, you can create and submit in-app events, custom product pages, and product page optimization tests. This release also includes support for the updated App Store submission experience, which lets you submit multiple items, submit without a new app version, and retrieve submission statuses.
Developers can also use the API resources to automate the following areas of App Store Connect:
- TestFlight. Manage beta builds of your app, testers, and groups.
- Xcode Cloud. Read Xcode Cloud data, manage workflows, and start builds.
- Users and Roles. Send invitations for users to join your team. Adjust their level of access or remove users.
- Provisioning. Manage bundle IDs, capabilities, signing certificates, devices, and provisioning profiles.
- App Metadata. Create new versions, manage App Store information, and submit your app to the App Store.
- App Clip Experiences. Create an App Clip and manage App Clip experiences.
- Reporting. Download sales and financial reports.
- Power and Performance Metrics. Download aggregate metrics and diagnostics for App Store versions of your app.
During the last Holiday season, Apple did not shut down Apple Store Connect and its review teams were available for developers.