Apple TV+ is allowing users to redeem a free 2-month trial to promote its upcoming film “Emancipation,” starring Will Smith. The film is set to debut on December 9, 2022.
“Emancipation,” star Will Smith shares an exclusive link for a free two-month Apple TV+ trial
Will Smith’s “Emancipation,” follows Peter, a man who gets separated from his family and is subsequently sold into slavery. The film chronicles the journey of Peter’s escape from his enslavers. All Peter has to help him escape is his wit, unwavering faith, and deep love for his family. The film is based on real-life events:
The film is inspired by the 1863 photos of “Whipped Peter,” taken during a Union Army medical examination, that first appeared in Harper’s Weekly. One image, known as “The Scourged Back,” which shows Peter’s bare back mutilated by a whipping delivered by his enslavers, ultimately contributed to growing public opposition to slavery.
When you open the link, there is a notice that says that the offer can be redeemed by both new and “qualified” returning users. All you need to redeem the two-month trial is an Apple ID. Note that users who are subscribed to an Apple One subscription plan are not eligible for the offer. Lastly, the offer is set to expire on January 14, 2023.
If you sign up for the 2-month trial, you will have to pay $6.99 per month to continue using Apple TV+. The streaming service is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV+ Original comedy series ‘Shrinking’ will release on January 27, 2023
- Apple TV+ wins BAFTA Children & Young People Awards, for the first time
- Apple TV+ quietly expands back catalog, offering third-party content for the first time
- Mondo launches Apple TV+ “Severance” soundtrack special-edition vinyl collection
- Mariah Carey’s Christmas Special will not be shown on Apple TV+ this year
- Apple TV+ bags 9 nominations at UK Royal Television Society’s Craft and Design Awards 2022
- Apple TV+ to premiere “Sharper” in February 2023 starring Julianne Moore
- Apple TV+ drops gripping teaser for final season of “Servant,” which will arrive on Jan. 13, 2023