At the WWDC 2022 event on June 6, Apple hosted its annual Apple Design Awards to recognize the “exceptional design and technical achievements” of 12 best-in-class apps and games developers from around the world.
Winners of 2022 Apple Design Awards
The 12 apps and games of the 2022 Apple Design Awards were chosen for their creativity, innovation, and beautiful design from 36 finalists. And the second year, one app and game each were recognized across six different categories for “inclusivity, delight and fun, interaction, social impact, visuals and graphics, and innovation.” Here are all the winning apps and games of the 2022 Apple Design Awards in six categories:
- Procreate by Australian developer, Savage Interactive is an iPad app for artists and designers with accessibility features like support for VoiceOver, Dynamic Type, tremor and motion filtering, and more.
- Wylde Flowers by Australian developer, Studio Drydock is a gaming app with a diverse storyline and LGBTQIA+ characters.
Delight and Fun
- (Not Boring) Habits app by an American developer, Andy Works LLC is a mild-manner habit tracker delivering an artistic experience with its “sensational” design, elegant gamification, and haptics.
- Overboard! app by British developer, inkle is a role-player, sly, murder mystery game in which players take the roles of the detective and also the guilty party who try to get away with their crime.
- Slopes by an American developer, Breakpoint Studio is a ski-tracking app that provides users with a skiing and snowboarding diary, distance and speed tracking, and more.
- A Musical Story by French developer, Glee-Cheese Studio is a unique gaming app that is a mixture of song, story, and artistic creation.
- Rebel Girls app by an American developer, Rebel Girls Inc. brings inspiring stories of the world’s most influential women in the rich audio and gorgeous art form like Frida Kahlo, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Simone Biles.
- Gibbon: Beyond the Trees by Austrian developer, Broken Rules is an Apple Arcade original ecological adventure gaming app that enables players to swing, fling, and slide through a variety of landscapes to find their families.
Visual and Graphics
- Halide Mark II by an American developer, Lux Optics is a “brilliant” iPhone and iPad camera app featuring tons of tools to capture astounding images.
- LEGO® Star Wars™: Castaways by Canadian developer, Gameloft gaming app brings endless adventures on a long-abandoned planet.
- Odio by a Dutch developer, Volst is an audio app that offers lifelike ambient sounds of rushing rivers, waterfalls, lush electronic washes, and more with Spatial Audio support.
- MARVEL Future Revolution gaming app by South Korean developer, Netmarble Corp. is a former 2021 iPad Game of the Year award winner. The RPG app delivers a lavish combat experience in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Susan Prescott, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Developer Relations said:
“As apps and games remain an essential part of our lives, we’re excited by the ways that developers continue to use our technologies to create standout apps for people everywhere. The work of this year’s Apple Design Award winners embodies how apps can be transformative, uplifting, or even provide an escape through creative gameplay — and we congratulate each developer for all they’ve accomplished.”
- Apple announces winners of Swift Student Challenge 2022, solving problems through coding
- Apple announces winners of Shot on iPhone Macro Challenge from around the world