Today, Youtube has released new gestures and control on iOS to enhance users’ video streaming experience on the platform. Users can use newly introduced tips and tricks to enjoy their favorite content on the service on iOS and Android devices. YouTube states,
With a global community of two billion people on YouTube, we’re always looking for ways to make it easier to watch and interact with your favorite videos. Check out some of our favorite tips and tricks to get the most out of YouTube, including new updates you can try out starting today.
Five new Gestures and Controls for iOS on YouTube
To enhance users’ viewing experience and focus on their health, the popular video streaming service has introduced new features and gestures on the YouTube app for iOS. Here is everything new:
- A New List View in Video Chapters – Now, video chapters have a new list view with preview thumbnails. Tap on the chapter title in the player to access a complete list of all the chapters of a video and jump to the favorite part. This will allow users to watch select section(s) of a video and save time.
- Streamlined Player Page – The captions button is moved on the video player and the autoplay toggle is on top of the UI for easier access. These changes will soon appear on the desktop version of the app as well. In addition, “small improvements to the player, like re-arranged buttons that simplify its look and snappier controls that make any action you take even faster.”
- New Full-Screen Gestures- Now users can simply enter full-screen mode by swiping up and exit by swiping down. Furthermore, users can check the counting down and elapsed time by tapping on the timestamp.
- New Suggested Actions – The app will automatically suggest actions like rotate phone, play video in VR to enhance the viewing experience. More suggested actions are expected in the future.
- Bedtime Reminders – Recently launched ‘bedtime reminders’ are designed to ensure users’ well-being by restricting watch time on the app. This feature allows users to set reminders “at specific times to stop watching videos and go to bed.”
The new features are released globally, user must update their app to the latest version to enjoy the new YouTube tips and tricks.
- YouTube 4K is now available on Apple TV 4K
- Google releases YouTube Music app for Apple Watch: works on watchOS 6.0 and later