A new hacktivation patch has been released by Sherif Hashim which lets users jailbreak their phone with JailbreakMe and use Phonebook SIM to activate. All you need to do is install a package from Cydia while using your phonebook SIM card and then swap it with your carrier SIM card.
This package allows you to swap SIMs after activation with a phonebook SIM. You won’t get the SIM change detected error. Hacktivation will patch a system file on your phone, preventing future activation and keeping your current activation even if you change your SIM.
Here are the steps in detail:
- Insert your Phonebook SIM card.
- Start Cydia and go to Manage tab.
- Go to Sources, and tap Edit on the top. Tap on add.
- Add this source: https://cydia.pushfix.info
- When Cydia is done reloading the repos, type Hacktivation Patch in search and install it.
- Remove phonebook SIM card and insert your carrier SIM.