Some iPhone users have reported that instead of the wallpaper image they have selected, their wallpaper appears as a black screen on the Lock Screen or Home Screen. Luckily, there is a simple workaround to the issue. Simply follow the steps outlined below.
Here’s how to fix the issue of a black screen showing as wallpaper instead of a photo on iPhone
When choosing a wallpaper image from the Photos app or setting one using the Photos app action/sharing menu, the black screen wallpaper problem appears to occur the most frequently. To get around this, use the Settings app rather than the Photos app directly to set the wallpaper.
- Launch Settings from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Go to Wallpaper.
- Tap on +Add New Wallpaper > Photos and select the image you want to use as your wallpaper.
Although the reason the wallpaper appears as a black screen rather than the chosen image is not clear, the issue has been extensively reported and discussed on the Apple support forums for some time. It appears to occur frequently on devices running iCloud Photos during testing, but not always on those same devices, which makes it somewhat unexpected. Hopefully, Apple address the issue and release a fix in a future update.
We hope this guide helped you learn how to fix the issue of a black screen showing as wallpaper instead of a photo on your iPhone. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
- How to restart or force restart the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro
- Bug causing iPhone 14 Pro to freeze after data transfer? Try this Apple-approved fix
- How to turn off Always-On display on iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max
- How to convert a physical SIM to eSIM on iPhone 14
- How to use Emergency SOS via satellite on iPhone 14
- Fix “Unable to Verify Update” issue when updating to iOS 16
- iOS 16 always shows status bar text in white, here’s a fix
- How to delete duplicate photos on your iPhone with iOS 16
- How to use Live Captions in iOS 16 to transcribe any content
- Make album art larger on iOS 16 lock screen with this tip
- iOS 16 causing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues? Here are some fixes
- iOS 16 home screen search button can be disabled – here’s how
- iOS 16 showing Lock screen notifications at the bottom of the screen? Here’s a fix
- iOS 16 hides the iMessage voice record button behind a menu