Apple has unveiled the winners of the 2022 App Store Awards which recognizes apps and games that inspired users to expand their imagination, engage with the world and connect with family or friends.
Winners were selected by Apple’s global App Store editorial team which represents a diverse group of developers from around the world whose innovation delivered new experiences and made a profound cultural impact. Apple CEO, Tim Cook said:
“This year’s App Store Award winners reimagined our experiences with apps that delivered fresh, thoughtful, and genuine perspectives. From self-taught solo creators to international teams spanning the globe, these entrepreneurs are making a meaningful impact, and represent the ways in which apps and games influence our communities and lives.”
Here are the 16 winning apps and games of the 2022 App Store Awards
Winning apps of the 2022 App Store Awards:
- BeReal from BeReal – iPhone app of the year
- GoodNotes 5 from Time Base Technology Limited – iPad app of the year
- MacFamilyTree 10 from Synium Software GmbH – Mac app of the year
- ViX from TelevisaUnivision Interactive, Inc – Apple TV app of the year
- Gentler Streak from Gentler Stories LLC – Apple Watch app of the year
Winning games of the 2022 App Store Awards
- Apex Legends Mobile from Electronic Arts – iPhone game of the year
- Moncage from X.D. Network Inc. – iPad game of the year
- Mac Game of the Year: Inscryption from Devolver – Mac game of the year
- El Hijo from HandyGames – Apple TV game of the year
- Wylde Flowers from Studio Drydock Pty Ltd. – Apple Arcade game of the year
- League of Legends Esports Manager from Shenzhen Tencent Tianyou Technology Ltd. – China game of the year
Cultural Impact winners of the 2022 App Store Awards
- How We Feel app that promotes users to tap into their emotional well-being.
- Dot’s Home app shines a spotlight on systemic housing injustices and their impact on communities.
- Locket Widget app enables users to send live photos directly to friends or family’s Home Screen.
- Waterllama app allows users to track their hydration goals throughout the day.
- Inua – A Story in Ice and Time app lets users explore historical events through engaging and mystical adventures and more.
As per the announcement, each winner will receive a physical award designed like the signature blue App Store icon made with meticulous craftsmanship and 100% recycled aluminum. Their names will be engraved on the back of the award.
The App Store, which launched in 2008, is the world’s safest and most vibrant app marketplace. Currently home to 1.8 million apps and visited by more than half a billion people each week across 175 regions, it is an engine of global economic growth, facilitating $643 billion in billings and sales during 2020 alone. The App Store helps creators, dreamers, and learners of all ages and backgrounds connect with the tools and information they need to build a brighter future and a better world.