Apple has released a new firmware update for AirPods Max users, making it the second update for the high-end headphones since its launch. The Cupertino tech giant typically does not provide many details on AirPods Max firmware updates, but we do know that this version brings the headphones 3E756.
There may be improvements to battery life, performance, or updated support for Spatial Audio and in firmware update 3E756. This is the second update to come to AirPods Max users since March. Apple released version 3C39 for AirPods Max users several months ago to tackle issues related to battery life.
Apple releases AirPods Max 3E756 firmware update to users
Unlike downloading a software update for your iPhone or iPad, Apple does not make it easy to manually update your AirPods to new firmware versions. But, the update typically occurs when your AirPods and iPhone are near each other and charging so you can try that and see if the update installs. Make sure the AirPods are connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
Here is how you can check your headphone’s firmware version to see if they have been updated:
- Launch Settings on iPhone > go to the Bluetooth menu.
- Find your AirPods Max in the list of the connected device and tap the ‘i’ next to them.
- Look at the Firmware Version number.
If you see that your AirPods Max’s firmware version is 3E756, it means your headphones have been fully updated. If not, do not worry. The update should install automatically when your headphones are connected to your iPhone through Bluetooth.
Announced in December 2020, AirPods Max feature a unique and beautiful design powered by the same technology behind AirPods. The headphones feature an H1 chip, custom acoustic design, and computational audio with Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency Mode, and Spatial Audio. The headphones are also available in multiple colors, to suit various tastes and styles.
- AirPods features with iOS 15: conversation boost, ambient noise reduction, Announce notification and more
- Redesigned AirPods to launch in 2021, AirPods Pro with fitness sensors in 2022
- Apple’s own AirPods don’t support its own Apple Music lossless audio quality