At the Adobe Max 2022 event, the company introduced a set of new tools for its Creative Cloud applications, Photoshop for iPad and Lightroom to deliver precision and superpowers, speed and ease, and collaborative creativity.
The latest updates to the Creative Cloud applications are designed to outfit everyone to create for social media, school, work, and personal projects. Here is everything new in Adobe creative suite coming to iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.
Here are all the new features available on Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom across platforms
Photoshop on the iPad
The updated app now offers one-tap action to perform the following tasks:
- Remove background feature uses the Select Subject tech to isolate the main subject from the background and apply a layer mask, automatically and quickly.
- Content-Aware fill feature is powered by Adobe’s Al tech to easily and quickly clear out unwanted or distracting objects from an image’s background.
- Auto tone, color, and contrast to correct or adjust colors.
- Improved Select Subject for portraits identifies images of objects, people, animals, and more to select and refine small details, perfectly.
Photoshop on Mac or desktop
- Object Selection features improved fidelity and quality of the automatic selections to recognize complex objects and regions like buildings, plants, sky, water, different types of ground and flooring, and more.
- One click delete and fill to quickly remove elements from an image and automatically fill the area using content-aware fill.
- Copy and Paste live text from Illustrator to Photoshop as layers to preserve its font, size, style, orientation, color and more.
- Photo Restoration Neural filter to bring old photos back to life.
- Substance 3D materials to apply parametric Substance materials as layers in photos with a greater range of customization.
Photoshop on the web (Beta)
- Offers features like removing unwanted items from images, and composite photos together to enhance images.
Click here to read about all the new Photoshop updates in detail.
Lightroom on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS
The updated Lightroom suite offers the following features designed to save time and reduce tedium in a workflow:
- Select People, Select Objects, and Select Background features are powered by Adobe Sensei (AI and machine learning tech) to detect and generate high-quality masks for people, objects, and backgrounds, quickly. Available on Lightroom for Win/Mac, Lightroom Classic, ACR.
- Adaptive Presets for portraits to enhance a target-specific feature like eyes, teeth, sky or the entire portrait. Available on Lightroom for Win/Mac, Lightroom Classic, ACR, iOS, iPadOS
- Mask Amount Slider to adjust the intensity of edits applied to local adjustments. Available onLightroom on Win/Mac.
- Healing with Content-Aware Remove feature to wipe out distractions and automatically fill in removed areas. Available on Lightroom for Win/Mac, Lightroom Classic, ACR, iOS, iPadOS, and Android.
- Compare while editing to edit images side by side. Available on Lightroom on Win/Mac.
- Video editing now available on Lightroom on the web.
- Lightroom Classic offers Left-Right panel swap and faster import from portable devices.
- Lightroom Academy is updated with new content to explore night, food and travel photography. Additional articles will also be added in the coming months like Lightroom Essentials, Lightroom in Black & White, From Still to Motion with Lightroom, The Business of Photography, Photographic Essentials, and Visual Literacy.
- Adobe Camera Raw adds masking curves and HDR support for displays.
- Adobe Fresco adds Magic wand, new pixel, Liquify and much more.
Click here to read about all the new Lightroom updates in detail.