Many users have been reporting issues with connection randomly dropping with the new AirPods Pro 2. This has been happening while watching videos or listening to music, and there is no apparent fix or workaround for this yet.
AirPods Pro 2 connectivity problems
The issues have been reported on MacRumors, with users sharing that even though their AirPods Pro 2 are connected to their iPhone or iPad, they are unable to hear any audio. The issue does not happen all the time, but it is random and there is no single source of the issue.
This is not the first time that users have complained about AirPods’ connectivity. The issue has persisted since the first-generation AirPods were launched, and connectivity can be a hit or miss at times. Especially for users who have multiple Apple devices, AirPods have a habit of getting lost between switching to the right device. However, the issue with AirPods Pro 2 seems to be different as users are complaining about disconnectivity while using them.
The usual workaround for this is to put the AirPods back in their case and put them on again. This somehow helps reset the connectivity issue. With AirPods Pro, if a connectivity issue happens, they usually reconnect again in a few seconds, which does not seem to be the case with the second-generation release.
It is highly likely that this is just a software issue with iOS or the new AirPods Pro. Apple could release a firmware update to resolve it, but we have yet to hear any official update from the company.
- AirPods Pro 2 stem volume control can be disabled in iOS 16.1 beta
- New AirPods Pro 2 charging case can display its battery status on iPhone even when you are wearing the earbuds
- AirPods Pro 2 new extra-small ear tips are not compatible with the original AirPods Pro
- AirPods Pro 2 reviews round-up – Better in every way compared to the first generation
- AirPods Pro 2 features are available in high-quality OTC hearing aids – Report
- AirPods Pro 2 first look video demos noticeable audio improvements
- AirPods Pro 2 support Apple Watch charger, lanyard loops, and more
- iPhone 14 and AirPods Pro 2 support Bluetooth 5.3, but LE Audio support not confirmed
- AirPods Pro 2 vs. AirPods 3 – features and price comparison
- Some AirPods Pro 2 features won’t work with iPad and Mac until October