Apple and News Corporation have just launched the first ever iPad exclusive digital-only newspaper called “The Daily”. The Daily subscription costs $0.99 per week or $40.00 for the whole year covering breaking news, entertainment, sports, technology and much more from around the globe. An attractive new feature of 360 degree photo viewing has been introduced in The Daily which lets you move around a scene with your fingers. Other features include HD video content, interactive graphics and charts all updated in real time and pushed directly to the iPad on daily basis.
Here is the official iTunes description:
Introducing The Daily – the first digital news publication with original content created every day exclusively for the iPad. Built from scratch by a team of top journalists and designers, The Daily covers the world: breaking news, sports, pop culture, entertainment, apps, games, technology, opinion, celebrity gossip and more.
The Daily has the depth and quality of a magazine but is delivered daily like a newspaper and updated in real-time like the web.
Great stories, photos, video, audio and graphics come alive the more you touch, swipe, tap and explore. The customized sports section allows you to follow your favorite teams’ scores, pictures, headlines – and even players’ tweets.
The Daily includes:
• Over 100 pages of original content every single day of the year
• Original HD videos
• 360-degree photos you can explore by swiping
• Immersive photography
• Interactive charts, info-graphics and clickable hot spots
• Saving articles to read later
• Sharing Web-friendly versions of articles via Twitter, Facebook and e-mail
• Your favorite sports teams’ scores, news and photos
• In-app commenting — including audio comments
• Your local weather
• New crossword and sudoku puzzles every day
** Download The Daily today and get two weeks free.
Download The Daily Newspaper For iPad (Direct Link)
Subscribe to our RSS Feed and keep following us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for all the latest news, updates and more.