The new Apple Myeongdong retail store will open its doors to customers in South Korea on Saturday, April 9, 2022. South Korea’s largest Apple store, Apple Myeongdong is located in the center of Seoul’s busy and vibrant shopping district.
Deirdre O’Brien, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail + People said:
“We are thrilled to deepen our relationship with our Korean customers with the opening of this special store in Myeongdong. Our incredible retail team is ready to welcome the local community, and we invite everyone to find endless inspiration as they explore Apple’s innovative products and services.”
‘Apple Myeongdong’ will debut Apple’s first-ever K-pop today at Apple Remix and more
The Apple Myeongdong’s two-level structure is an architectural marvel, adorned with landscaped pocket gardens on both corners and commissioned sculptures created by Korean artists Jaehyo Lee and VAKKI to create a small haven for customers in the hustle of busy streets to explore Apple products, get assistance, participate in Today at Apple sessions, and a lot more.
At the Apple Myeongdong, a team of 220 staff will be available to offer support and guidance to customers, Boardroom’s Business Team will offer advice and training to entrepreneurs, developers, and other business customers, and feature The Forum to host Today at Apple sessions. The new store will debut Apple’s first-ever k-pop Today at Apple Remix session featuring K-pop band ‘SEVENTEEN’.
Other artists for Today at Apple sessions include an array of Korean creativity. Interested individuals can register for the sessions today at apple.com/kr/today/myeongdong.
- Art Lab: “Draw Springtime Floral Greetings” with artist Nanan Kang
- Photo Lab: “Capture the Colors of Seoul” with travel photographer Lee Jongbeom
- Exclusive: In Conversation with Minha Kim, star of the new Apple Original drama “Pachinko”
- Art Lab: “Create Your Own Abstract World in AR” with artist VAKKI
The tech giant says that the inauguration of Apple Myeongdong is part of its commitment to customers in South Korea to provide an “incredible” experience across products, services, and software.
- Apple TV+ new “Dr Brain” Korean sci-fi drama series set to debut soon – November 4, 2021
- Trailer for Apple TV+ new “Pachinko” series showcases its emotional journey across two continents