The latest iPad 10 is only compatible first generation Apple Pencil. Thus, a few Apple Stores have stopped selling Apple Pencil (1st generation) until the stock of USB-C adapters improves.
Launched in 2015, the Apple Pencil (1st generation) is compatible with the new iPad 10 but it features a Lightning port. Therefore, to charge it with the new entry-level tablet, users need a USB-C Adapter.
Apple is selling Apple Pencil (1st generation) with the USB-C Adapter in the box for new users, and also selling USB-C Adapter separately for users who already own the digital pencil.
Previously, it was reported that the $9 USB-C adapter was facing up to a one-month delay in shipping within 5 days of launch. And it is likely that its stock has not improved.
Apple Pencil (1st generation) compatible models
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (10th generation)
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
Apple is also selling a more affordable third-party alternative to its Apple Pencil. Retailing for $70, Logitech’s digital pencil “Crayon for iPad” is a cheaper alternative to the $99 Apple Pencil (first generation) and $129 Apple Pencil (second generation).
- 2022 iPad 10 features slower USB-C port than other comparable iPad models
- iPad 10 reviews round-up: design fits better in iPad lineup but price point is confusing
- iPad Pro 2022 reviews round up: powerful M2 chip and great battery but ideal for professionals
- iPad 10 features landscape selfie camera, first time on any iPad
- Apple releases 9-minute video about the new M2 iPad Pro and entry-level iPad 10
- This is how to use macOS Ventura “Continuity Camera” feature to turn iPhone into a webcam
- Apple touts decade-long partnership with United Airlines and highlights benefits of iPhone and iPad
- Download 2022 iPad Pro and iPad 10 wallpapers for any device
- Apple reports Q4, 2022 record revenue of $90.1 billion with 8% Y-o-Y growth
- Apple and Snap Inc. slam “metaverse”, tout AR as the future of computing
- Apple confirms USB-C port on future iPhones in compliance with EU law