Mark the date above, because Apple might finally unveil the rumored new iPod Touch lineup with cameras on the 9th of September at the Rock and Roll event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco. But that’s not all, a new version of iTunes with social networking features is rumored to be in the works and could me launched at the event too. Let’s not forget Steve Jobs either, who might be making his comeback to the stage with a keynote.
Here’s a quick round up of what to expect from the event (this includes rumors as well) :
- iPod Touch to acquire cameras with video recording and possibly be faster than before following the iPhone 3G S’ foot steps. A built in microphone in the iPod Touch is also expected.
- iPod Nano to get a camera too.
- iTunes 9 to include Blu-ray support, DVD ripping and Twitter/Facebook/Last.fm integration.
- New content announcements in the iTunes Store possibly with new partnerships. Also Beatles might come to iTunes Store.
- iPhone OS 3.1 might also make its debut at the event.
- Apple Tablet? (most unlikely rumor since the event is focused around music)
- Steve Jobs Keynote!
No one really knows for sure what would be announced at the event, so we’ll just have to wait and see on the 9th of September.