Ahead of the debut of the second season of Apple TV+’s hit animated comedy series Central Park, Apple announced that it has renewed the series for a third season. The second season of the Emmy-nominated series will premiere globally on Friday, June 25.
Apple TV+ is the Cupertino tech giant’s video streaming service which offers a ton of original content including talk shows, movies, documentaries, and more. Apple Originals have been honored with 310 awards nominations and 80 wins for titles like Peanuts, The Morning Show, and others.
Apple TV+ renews ‘Central Park’ for season 3, shares first look for season 2
In addition to announcing the renewal of the series for a third season, the tech giant also gave viewers a first look at the upcoming second season of the series. In the first look, Helen, voiced by Daveed Diggs, declares her love for her hometown in a rap called “Weehawken Rap.”
The first three episodes of season two of the series are set to debut globally Friday, June 25 on the streaming platform. New episodes will premiere weekly every Friday after that. Showrunner Loren Bouchard has said that the second and third seasons of “Central Park” will bring 29 more episodes of the series “and something like 115 new songs.”
“In season two of “Central Park,” the Tillerman family continues to navigate living in and caring for the world’s most famous park. Molly experiences the trials and tribulations of adolescence, Cole is challenged by a truly embarrassing moment at school, Paige continues to chase down the mayor’s corruption story, and Owen juggles managing the park, his staff and his family all with a smile on his face. Meanwhile, Bitsy inches ever closer to her sinister goal of claiming Central Park as her own; with Helen by her side, eternally wondering whether she’s made it into Bitsy’s will. Every step of the way, we are guided along by our friendly, fumbling, fiddler narrator, Birdie.”
To enjoy the second season of Central Park when it premiers, users will need a subscription to Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV Plus is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV+’s hit comedy series ‘Ted Lasso’ wins three Critics Choice Awards
- Apple TV+ original shows ‘Servant,’ ‘For All Mankind,’ and ‘Amazing Stories’ nominated for The Saturn Awards
- Jason Sudeikis wins Golden Globe Award for comedy series ‘Ted Lasso’ on Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ new movie ‘Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry’ is a massive hit with young audience worldwide
- Apple TV+ orders ‘Dr. Brain’, its first Korean language webtoon series written by Kim Jee-Woon
- Apple TV+ orders original series ‘Roar’, starring Nicole Kidman and Alison Brie
- Jon Stewart hires former CBS News veteran Brinda Adhikar to be the show runner for his upcoming Apple TV series