Though a lot of Apple TV+ content is filmed in the United States and Canada, the tech giant has expanded its offerings to include movies and series filmed in other places and languages including French, Russian, Spanish, and more. According to a new report, the streaming service is now interested in producing content in Brazil featuring Portuguese.
Apple’s streaming service to expand its international offerings to include Brazil
Apple’s streaming service is already available in Brazil and all of its offerings are subsequently available with Portuguese dubbing. However, the company has yet to offer original content filmed in Brazil, which could help it to capture a larger share of the region’s market.
According to a report from Brazilian journalist Flavio Ricco, Apple TV+ is looking into producing new content in Brazil. The details have not been fleshed out as of yet but the journalist does say that the company aims to “prioritize quality and authenticity” with locally shot content.
The first international content that became available on Apple TV+ is the international Emmy Award-winning espionage thriller “Tehran,” which is filmed in Farsi and Hebrew. Another example is the Spanish-language crime drama series called “Las Azules” by International Emmy Award winner Fernando Rovzar which was picked up by Apple TV+ in May.
Most international content that ends up becoming available on Apple TV+ is typically produced by local companies and later on, acquired by the tech giant. The Cupertino tech giant will likely do the same for Brazillian content.
- Shipwreck drama ‘The Wager’ starring Leonardo DiCaprio, directed by Martin Scorsese will come to Apple TV+
- Apple TV Plus original dramas “Pachinko” and “Swagger” earn AAFCA TV Honors awards
- Apple TV Plus released trailer for new “Surfside Girls” series premiering on August 19, 2022
- Apple TV Plus announces new docuseries “Gutsy” from Hillary and Chelsea Clinton
- Apple TV+ to premiere Jennifer Lawrence’s new movie “Causeway”
- Apple TV+ original dramas “Pachinko” and “Swagger” earn AAFCA TV Honors awards
- Apple TV+ released trailer for new “Surfside Girls” series premiering on August 19, 2022
- Apple TV+ bagged 52 Emmy Award nominations with Ted Lasso in the lead for 2nd year in a row
- Apple TV+ bags 53 Hollywood Critics Association Awards nominations