Apple TV+ has bagged a record 53 Hollywood Critics Association Awards nominations with comedy hit Tedd Lasso and workplace Thriller Severance receiving 12 nominations each. Central Park, Prehistoric Planet, The Afterparty, and The Morning Show are some of the other nominees.
Apple TV+ Originals Ted Lasso and Severance scored 12 Hollywood Critics Association nominations each
The nominations span over several categories with Severance and Ted Lasso being nominated for Best Drama and Best Comedy Streaming categories, respectively, among other categories. From Apple’s press release:
For the second year in a row, “Ted Lasso” is the most-nominated comedy series, landing numerous recognitions, including Best Actor for Jason Sudeikis; Best Supporting Actress for Hannah Waddingham and Juno Temple; and Best Supporting Actor for Brett Goldstein, Nick Mohammed and Toheeb Jimoh, plus four writing and directing nominations. Additionally, the holiday special titled, “Ted Lasso Presents: The Missing Christmas Mustache,” earned a nomination for Best Animated Short Form Series.
For Best Streaming Series, Drama, the Apple TV+ nominations include “The Morning Show,” “Pachinko,” and “Severance.”
For Best Streaming Series, Comedy, it received four nominations for “The Afterparty,” “Dickinson,” “Shmigadoon!” and “Ted Lasso.”
“Central Park” was nominated in the Best Streaming Animated Series or TV Movie category. “Prehistoric Planet” received a nomination in the Best Streaming Docuseries or Non-Fiction Series category. “The Problem with Jon Stewart” was nominated for Best Streaming Variety Sketch Series, Talk Series, or Special.
The exhaustive list of nominations can be viewed here.
Apple in its press release notes that the Hollywood Critics Association nominations follow a ton of awards for Apple Original content with films, series, and documentaries earning 246 wins and 1,062 award nominations and counting, including this year’s Oscar Best Picture winner “CODA.”
The Hollywood Critics Association Awards are slated to take place at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on August 14, 2022.
- Apple TV+ content has the highest-rating for second year in a row in the U.S. – Report
- Apple TV+ drop trailer for season 3 of comedy series ‘Trying’, ahead of July 22 premiere
- Apple TV+ orders “Criminal Record”, a new London crime thriller series
- Two of Apple TV+ limited series “Five Days at Memorial” and “Bad Sisters” will debut in August, 2022
- Final season of Apple TV+ drama “See,” to debut on Friday, August 26
- New psychological thriller series ‘Surface’ coming to Apple TV+ on July 29
- Apple TV+ series Slow Horses has been signed for two more seasons