Tom Hank’s second motion picture on Apple TV+, Finch, premiered today on the streaming service. The sci-fi movie was acquired in May 2021 after a competitive auction. It is directed by Miguel Sapochnik, written by Craig Luck and Ivor Powel, and produced by Kevin Misher, Jack Rapke, and others.
Apple TV+ subscribers can watch ‘Finch’ today
Finch follows the story of a man, robot, and dog at a time when the world is destroyed by a cataclysmic solar event. Finch, played by Tom Hanks, is a worried robotics engineer who wants to ensure that his dog has company after his demise. Finch is an inspiring and heartwarming story of how three members of a family help each other in desperate times, give each other company, care, and protection.
Hanks stars as Finch, a robotics engineer and one of the few survivors of a cataclysmic solar event that has left the world a wasteland. Finch, who has been living in an underground bunker for a decade, has built a world of his own that he shares with his dog, Goodyear. He creates a robot (played by Get Out‘s Caleb Landry Jones) to watch over Goodyear when he no longer can. As the trio embarks on a perilous journey into a desolate American West, Finch strives to show his creation the joy and wonder of what it means to be alive.
To view Finch, viewers will need a subscription to Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV+ is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- LG announces Apple TV+ 3 month free trial for new subscribers in select regions – Limited time offer
- Apple TV+ orders new “The Reluctant Traveler” series hosted by Eugene Levy
- Apple TV+ new original movie ‘Swan Song’ will premiere on December 17, worldwide
- Tim Robbins to star in Apple TV+ new drama series ‘Wool’ with Rebecca Ferguson
- Carpool Karaoke: The Series is renewed for 5th season but this time on Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ releases trailer for ‘Harriet the Spy’ animated series debuting on November 19
- Apple TV+ will hit 36 million subscribers by 2026