AirPods Pro was released in 2019 as the high-end model of Apple’s wireless earbuds. The most prominent differentiating feature between first and second-generation AirPods, and AirPods Pro, is active noise cancellation in the latter. Active noise cancellation is the technology that automatically blocks out unpleasant surrounding noises. Recently, some users noticed that their AirPod Pros’ were not blocking out external noises as they should. So we have a detailed guide for you to fix that issue.
Fix Faulty Active Noise Cancellation on AirPods Pro
Users can easily fix the issue of under-performing active noise cancellation on their wireless earbuds. However, users might have to send their device to an Apple repair center if the issue is more complex.
- Update all your devices paired with AirPods Pro to the latest software of their respective operating systems: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- Wear both earbuds in your ears to test if Active Noise Cancellation is enabled and working properly.
- If the device is not canceling outward noises, then clean the mesh on top of both AirPods Pro to remove any dust particles or ear wax affecting the sound quality. An increase in surrounding background sounds like cars or television and loss of bass indicates that the mesh part on the earbuds needs cleaning.
- Put your AirPods Pro on charge, while also keeping your iPhone on charge. If there’s a software update from Apple, it will be automatically installed. This might fix the issue.
- If nothing else works, try re-pairing them to your iPhone again.
Launched in 2016, first-generation AirPods were an instant hit. Although they retailed for a high $159 price tag, customers were happy with their purchases. From personal experience, the active background noises badly affected the sound and usage quality of the device. So, Apple found another pricey solution to the problem – it launched AirPods Pro with three noise controls to adjust sound quality with active noise cancellation, and transparency mode. Thus, for immediate Bluetooth connectivity and improved sound quality, users willingly paid $249 for the Pros earbuds which made AirPods lineup a profitable product for Apple. Having sold over 50 million units, AirPods generated approximately $8 billion for the company last year.
- Apple might launch new over-ear headphones and AirPods X this year
- Tim Cook discusses iPhone 7, AirPods and Augmented Reality in interview
- How to connect AirPods with Mac, iPad and iPhone
- How to Connect AirPods to Android Phones