Story app, ‘Flipboard’ has finally released news widgets that users can display on their iOS 14 home screen. The new Flipboard widget displays headlines from a user’s followed topics on their iOS home screen or Today Screen so that they do not miss out on the news.
Flipboard Inc. updated the app’s design and made it more customizable via in-app purchases. The updated version of the app brings widgets in four sizes, from a thumbnail with one single story to a roundup of four of the latest stories and local news support for 1,000 new cities.
Flipboard app provides news widgets to display on the iOS 14 home screen
One of the biggest features of iOS 14 was the introduction of widgets to the home screen of compatible iPhone models. Now, users can easily add widgets directly to their Home Screen pages alongside their apps. With the Flipboard widget, users can get the headlines of news posts without having to open the app.
The official blog of Flipboard provides a step-by-step tutorial for adding widgets to the iOS Today Screen.
- Swipe right to the Today Screen.
- Tap and old to edit widgets and apps.
- Tap on the + in the top left corner.
- Go to the app and open it.
- Choose the appropriate widget size that you want to use by swiping left and right.
- Tap Add Widget.
- Drag it to your widgets.
- Tap Done on the right corner of the screen.
Users can also customize their content on the app. Once you have added the widget, you can go to the app’s Settings to choose from three “editorially curated collections”. Insightful stories in 10 for Today, latest news in Daily Edition, and inspiring updates from Flipboard Picks.
- Launch the Flipboard app.
- Tap on your Profile.
- Open settings by tapping on the gear icon.
- Select “Widget Settings” and choose from a section.
- Power Widgets offers 100% customizable widgets for iPhone with custom data sources
- Timedash offers a beautiful collection of fun and colorful custom analog-digital widgets for iPhone and iPad
- WidgetPod brings Now Playing widgets for Spotify and Apple Music to iOS
- Shazam gets new home screen widget in new update for iOS