Today, Apple has unveiled the second-generation HomePod that features its original iconic design and innovative tech to deliver incredible audio quality.
Here is everything you need to know about the new HomePod 2
- Transparent mesh fabric
- Backlit touch surface that illuminates from edge to edge
- Color options
- White and Midnight
- Color-matched woven power cable
- S7 chip
- Audio quality
- Deliver a groundbreaking acoustic experience powered by a custom-engineered high-excursion woofer, powerful motor that drives the diaphragm a remarkable 20mm, built-in bass-EQ mic, and beamforming array of five tweeters around the base.
- Advanced computational audio that maximizes the full potential of its acoustic system for a groundbreaking listening experience.
- Innovative tech
- Room sensing technology allows the new HomePod to adapt sounds in real-time by recognizing sound reflection from nearby surfaces, against a wall, or freestanding.
- Sound Recognition is a new safety feature which listen to smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and sends alert messages to users’ iPhones, directly.
- Features a new built-in temperature and humidity sensor that measures indoor environments for users to create automation that can automatically close the blinds or turn on the fan when a certain temperature is reached in a room.
- Supports Spatial Audio.
- Compatible with Siri to access music, search for songs, lyrics, artists, and more.
- Multi-room audio with AirPlay with two or more HomePod 2 or HomePod mini.
- Create a stereo pair with two HomePod 2 speakers for an immersive listening experience.
- Recognizes up to six voices of family members
- Easily pairs with iPhones and Apple TV 4K for a home theater experience
- Find My on HomePod to easily locate Apple devices
- Compatible devices
- iPhone 8 and later and iPhone SE (2nd generation) and later running on iOS 16.3 or later
- iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), and later, iPad Air (3rd generation) and later, or iPad mini (5th generation) and later running iPadOS 16.3.
- Order on the Apple online store and the Apple Store app with delivery starting on February 3.
Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, Greg Joswiak said:
“Leveraging our audio expertise and innovations, the new HomePod delivers rich, deep bass, natural mid-range, and clear, detailed highs. With the popularity of HomePod mini, we’ve seen growing interest in even more powerful acoustics achievable in a larger HomePod. We’re thrilled to bring the next generation of HomePod to customers around the world.”