iPhone 12 is Apple’s latest smartphone running on iOS 14. Unlike older iPhones, the battery percentage is not visible on the iPhones with Face ID. Users need to perform additional steps to view the battery percentage. There are two options for users to quickly view battery percentage on iPhone 12: Control Center and battery widget.
Here is an easy to follow guide to view battery percentage on iPhone 12.
Quickly view battery percentage on iPhone 12
There are two ways to quickly view battery percentage on iPhone 12.
- Swipe down from the top right of the home screen to open Control Center. The battery percentage appears on the top right corner of the UI.
iOS 14 has also brought new home screen widgets for various apps like weather, music, news, and others. Users can personalize the widgets in three different sizes and colors. Here is how you can place a battery widget on your iPhone 12 home screen to view your battery percentage without swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Add the battery widget on your home screen to quickly view battery percentage.
If you don’t know how, here is how to add a battery widget on Home Screen.
- Long press on an app icon, or anywhere on the home screen, to put the UI in jiggle mode.
- Tap on the + icon on the top left corner of the home screen.
- Tap on ‘Battery’ in the widget library to select and add it to the home screen.
- Select ‘Done’ to complete the process.
The battery widget also shows the remaining capacity for connected devices such as Apple Watch and AirPods.
On older iPhones with Touch ID, you can also place a widget on the home screen to view battery capacity. Alternatively, you can simply enable battery percentage to show on the top right corner of your display by going to Settings > Battery and turning on Battery Percentage.
- How to share iPhone screenshots without saving them to Photos
- How to check if your iPhone battery needs replacement
- How to download Apple Fitness+ app on iPad