Instagram Notes will launch in the UK, Europe, and Japan this week. The company’s spokesperson Christine Pai informed The Verge of the feature’s rollout in new regions starting on Monday.
In December 2022, Instagram released “Notes” for users to ask questions or share their thoughts, feelings, lyrics, or more through short statuses posted above their profile picture in their DM inboxes in a floating bubble. And like Instagram Stories, the posted Notes disappear after 24 hours.
Instagram Notes is launching worldwide
In a short video message posted on Twitter, Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri announced that the Notes feature is releasing worldwide. He explained that the feature was not available for all at the time of launch because the company was testing it with a small percentage of people to make sure that it was working properly and was in compliance with local regulations.
After receiving positive feedback on Notes from users in North America, Asia, and Latin America, the feature is releasing across the entire European Union, United Kingdom, and Japan.
🎉 Notes Launch Worldwide 🎉
Notes are now available in Europe and Japan.
Check it out and let me know what you think! 👇🏼 pic.twitter.com/MSSjQZVIuZ
— Adam Mosseri (@mosseri) January 30, 2023
Previously, the company also announced that new collaborative collections and group profiles will be coming to the platform. A new Candid feature is also in testing which will allow users and their friends to capture and share pictures in the stories which will only be visible to other Candid users.
- This is how to add songs to your Instagram photos, easily
- Instagram developing “Nudity protection” to block unsolicited nude photos in DMs to end cyberflashing
- How to easily create Remix Reels on Instagram
- Apple Support app now available in 3 more languages and 118 new regions
- Apple Music launches “Replay 2023”, a weekly updated playlist
- 1Password 8 for iOS and macOS to get new home screen, search, and more
- iPhone 14 Crash Detection fetched help for unconscious victims within minutes
- Apple launches ‘Rihanna’s Road to Halftime’ ahead of 2023 Super Bowl
- Bilingual comedy series “Acapulco” will be returning to Apple TV+ for season 3