Apple announced during its California Streaming event that iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15 will get their final public updates on September 20. The company did not mention when macOS Monterey’s final update will roll out.
iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, and tvOS 15 to release on September 20
iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 will ship with new features like Live Text, iCloud+, revamped Safari with Tab Groups, Voice Isolation, “Shared With You”, Focus Mode, Notifications Summaries, and much more. watchOS 8 will feature updates for built-in apps like Wallet, Home, Workouts, Fitness+, Photos, Messages, and new apps like Contacts and Find Items. tvOS 15 features support for Spatial Audio, Fitness+ updates, HomePod speaker support and “Shared with You”.
As with all things Apple, most of these features will work best when used together such as Fitness+ (Apple Watch and Apple TV or iPhone/iPad), “Shared with You” (best with all Apple products), Find Items (works across all Apple devices now), Spatial Audio (works with AirPods and Beats headphones), and so on. With each update, Apple’s ecosystem keeps getting stronger.
While there are still a few days to go before all users can get their hands on these software updates, right after the event, Apple rolled out release candidates for the following:
- iPadOS 15 release candidate is now available for download
- watchOS 8 release candidate is now available for developers
- iOS 15 RC is now available for download
- Apple seeds tvOS 15 RC to developers
Check out our on-going coverage of major announcements from Apple’s California Streaming event:
- iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini announced: A15 chip, battery improvements and Cinematic mode for video
- iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max announced: A15 chip, 120Hz ProMotion, Cinematic Mode, and more
- Apple announces 8.3-inch iPad mini with new design, 5G, A15 chip, Center Stage, and more
- 2021 iPad announced with A13 Bionic chip, Center Stage, True Tone and more
- Apple Watch Series 7 announced: larger display, faster charging, new colors, watch face and more