The iPhone 15 Pro Max may have a smaller camera bump than the iPhone 14 Pro Max, but it may be thicker than the latter.
Apple to decrease the size of camera bump with iPhone 15 Pro models
Serial leaker “Ice Universe” revealed the size of the iPhone 15 Pro Max in renderings based on CAD files and purported dimensions on Sunday night on Twitter.
The iPhone 15 Pro Max will have somewhat of a smaller footprint than the iPhone 14 Pro Max, which measured 160.7mm and 77.6mm, according to the leaker (6.33 inches by 3.05 inches).
Although slightly narrower and taller than in 2022, the thickness in Pro models this year will be slightly higher at 8.25mm to 7.85mm (0.31 inches).
The iPhone 15 Pro Max may be thicker, but only when the main body is taken into consideration. When the camera bump is taken into consideration, the overall depth of 11.84mm is somewhat less than the camera-equipped 12.03mm of the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
The thickness of the camera bump alone has decreased from 4.18mm in the iPhone 14 version to 3.59mm, a decrease of roughly 0.6mm. In other words, the camera bump won’t protrude from the back as much.
The renderings also appear to support reports of a more rounded overall look for the iPhone 15 Pro models, featuring curved bezels for the display.
Given that the debut of this year’s flagship lineup is still months away, all rumors should be taken with a grain of salt.
- iPhone 15 Pro LiDAR will be more power-efficient
- New iPhone 15 CADs reveal USB-C port, Dynamic Island, larger display and more
- Concept iPhone 15 Ultra imagines Apple Watch Ultra design with orange Action Button
- Apple procures 100% of TSMC’s N3 chips for iPhone 15 Pro and MacBook
- iPhone 15 Pro to exclusively feature Wi-Fi 6E confirms leaked document
- Leaked image of iPhone 15 Pro shows titanium design and USB-C port
- The performance of the iPhone 15’s USB-C port may rely on Apple certified accessories