New iPhone 15 Plus renders reflect rumored design changes and features
The renders were created by Ian Zelbo for 9to5Mac. Prior to the release of a new iPhone, Apple provides supply chain partners with CAD files, such as the ones upon which these models are based. Such files are typically accurate to the final product in terms of both dimensions and design.
These iPhone 15 Plus renders confirm most industry predictions. The new USB-C connection, which will finally take the place of Lightning for charging and data transfer, is visible on the device’s bottom. It is rumored that the USB-C port and charging cords for the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro may feature a Lightning-like authenticator chip, which could limit their compatibility with third-party accessories not sanctioned by Apple.
Starting this year, Dynamic Island will also be featured on the iPhone 15 Plus. As a result, Dynamic Island will no longer be an exclusive feature of the Pro iPhones. Instead, it will be a standard feature of Apple’s entire iPhone 15 lineup. Compared to the iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 15 Plus will also have thinner bezels.
Additionally, documents seen by 9to5Mac attest to the precise measurements of the iPhone 15 Plus, which are:
- 160.87 mm tall
- 77.76 mm wide
- 7.81 mm thick
Compared to the iPhone 14 Plus, the rendered iPhone 15 Plus is only a little bit taller, narrower, and thicker. The iPhone 15 Plus also has a bigger camera bump than the model it replaces.
Lastly, the iPhone 15 Plus will feature a redesigned body with rounded corners, in line with the rest of the lineup.
- iPhone 15 Pro LiDAR will be more power-efficient
- New iPhone 15 CADs reveal USB-C port, Dynamic Island, larger display and more
- Concept iPhone 15 Ultra imagines Apple Watch Ultra design with orange Action Button
- Apple procures 100% of TSMC’s N3 chips for iPhone 15 Pro and MacBook
- iPhone 15 Pro to exclusively feature Wi-Fi 6E confirms leaked document
- Leaked image of iPhone 15 Pro shows titanium design and USB-C port
- The performance of the iPhone 15’s USB-C port may rely on Apple certified accessories