Apple has rolled out iTunes 12.2.2 update with fixes and updates for Apple Music and Beats 1 radio. This update comes along with the OS X 10.10.5 and iOS 8.4.1 releases.
Here are the release notes for iTunes 12.2.2:
- Click on the Beats 1 banner to see what’s currently on, or view a complete broadcast schedule so you never miss a show
- You can now view a list of the artists you’re following on Apple Music
- Resolved an issue where iTunes loses its place when you go back to a previous page in Apple Music
- Addressed a problem where artists may be sorted incorrectly in My Music
- Fixed a problem where playlists displayed in the action menu may not match the playlists in your library
- Artists can now share thoughts, photos, music, and videos to Connect, right from iTunes
Apple also mentions some improvements to ‘overall stability and improvement’ but no details have been provided in the change log.
There are no new major features in the update as it’s a minor point 1 version release, however the fixes to Apple Music and other minor changes are welcome for all users of the new service. Apple Music was release to the public not so long ago but as much as it has been liked by users, reports of major issues have also been coming in. It is obvious that Apple is hard at work to fix them as it’s evident from this update along with the updates to iOS 8.4.1 and the work in progress iOS 9 beta.
Users can download iTunes 12.2.2 from the Mac App Store by going to the Updates tab in it. Windows users can check Apple Software Update to fetch the new version.