Palm has just pushed an update version 1.0.3 for the Pre which fixes a few issues as well as updates the built in applications. Good to see Palm so actively working on webOS. Here’s the change log:
* Events created in your Google calendar-either in Calendar on your phone or in Google online-that contain a symbol or accented character in the event name can now synchronize. Previously, including a symbol or accented character in an event name prevented the event from synchronizing.
* Changes made to Google events on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
* The sync interval for Google events has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.
* If you create a weekday alarm on a weekend, the alarm sounds only on weekdays. Previously the alarm would sound on the weekend also.
* Changes made to Google contacts on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
* The sync interval for Google contacts has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.
* Power performance in areas where wireless coverage is sporadic or unavailable has been enhanced.
* Non-SSL Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) mail servers are now supported.
* Miscellaneous updates for Email, Phone, and other applications.
Thanks for posting this update. What’s ironic is that Palm.com nor Sprint decided to post details about these update to save themselves the embarassement.
This update does not do me much because I am still not able to sync my Exchange (httpS:)inbox properties (email, calendar, notes…etc).