Adobe has updated the Photoshop on the iPad app with smudge, sponge, and other tools, along with performance improvements and bug fixes. With a subscription and Adobe ID, Photoshop allows users to access the files on their desktop on their iPads to add artistic touches with Apple Pencil and other tools. Furthermore, cloud support enables them to continue their projects across devices.
Recently, Adobe introduced several new features and capabilities to enhance users’ experience on Photoshop on desktop and iPad like hover auto-masking object selection tool, one-click option to mask all objects, three new beta Neural filters in the Neural Filter workspace, and more on the desktop version of the app, and on the iPad, it added support for Camera Raw file, dodge and burn tools and others.
Photoshop on the iPad introduces a new smudge tool to give a natural effect in painting, and more
To enable users to create more realistic pieces of art with the help of Apple Pencil or their fingers, Photoshop has introduced a new smudge tool to add the effect of a finger running through wet paint, and a sponge tool to make the colors of an image’s selected area rich, saturated and vibrant. Other improvements include adjustment of white balance in Camera Raw images, the addition of labels to the tool icons, and bug fixes. The release notes read:
- Smudge tool: Add more fun to your day with the Smudge tool! Mix and blend your work with a smudge effect that simulates painting in real life.
- Sponge tool: Make your images pop and shine with control and precision. The Sponge tool soaks up or squeezes out color with a simple brush stroke.
- Added tool tips for each icon when using a mouse/trackpad cursor, in order to show the name of each tool
- New improvements to the sliders for Camera Raw which add more precision and a double-tap-to-reset function
- Fixed a few bugs that would cause the application to crash
Download the Photoshop on the iPad from the App Store for free and can purchase an in-app subscription monthly or annual subscription plan starting from $9.99 to $149.99. It is compatible with the iPad and requires iOS 14.0 or later.