Pixel series devices have gotten even better with one of the biggest updates by Google rolling out on Pixel 7 and 7 Pro and Pixel Watch. The new update brings safer web browsing through a VPN provided by Google One, clearer phone calls, new unified security, privacy settings, and more.
In 2013, Google launched Pixel series devices that run on either ChromeOS or the Android operating system depending on their build. The Pixel line includes smartphones, tablets, laptops, and several other accessories. In October this year, Google introduced the new Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro, and Pixel Watch.
Here are all the new features on the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro, and Pixel Watch
Google’s new updates on the Pixel 7 series and Pixel Watch include the following features:
- VPN for safe surfing with no extra cost.
- Enhanced audio call quality on Pixel 7 and 7 Pro with a clearer voice and less background noise.
- Smarter Pixel’s recorder will record an interview, meeting, lecture, or conversation, and each person labeled individually.
- Live Translate now supports more languages so users can translate texts in messaging apps into five more languages: Arabic, Persian, Swedish, Vietnamese and Danish.
- A digital car key feature to lock, unlock and start any compatible car using a smartphone. The digital key can be shared with friends and family members to let them access the sender’s vehicle via Pixel and iPhones.
- Gboard Grammar Check can now be used for French, in addition to Spanish, and English.
- Powerful search engine for newer Pixels phones that makes it easier for users to find an app, screenshots, settings, or web results.
- Pixel 4a and newer Pixel phones now support Voice Message Transcription in Messages.
Earlier, it was reported that Apple Car Keys support was released on the first Android device, Google Pixel running on Android 12. The expansion of iOS digital car keys was made possible by Apple’s partnership with IETF and industry members to standardize cross-platform digital car key sharing.
The announcement post also mentioned that Spatial audio support will be coming to Pixel smartphones paired with Pixel Buds Pro in January 2023.
Fully immerse yourself in your media with spatial audio, coming in January. When paired with Pixel Buds Pro, your Pixel will support spatial audio with head tracking, so you’ll feel like you’re right at the center of your favorite movies and shows.
You can also turn on spatial audio with wired headphones. Your apartment will practically feel like a private home theater.
- Apple Car Keys support comes to the first Android device, Google Pixel on Android 12
- Google asks Apple to “upgrade” to RCS from the 30-years-old SMS messaging protocol
- Google Maps for CarPlay users are experiencing voice search issues
- Google allows Spotify to test the “user choice billing” payment system, will Apple follow suit?