Uber app has been updated with redesigned with a new home screen, iOS 16 Live Activities, Dynamic Island on iPhone 14 Pro, and more. The latest changes are the first in the series of updates coming to the Uber app for iPhone and Android to enhance users’ experience.
Previously, the Uber driver app added support for CarPlay in the United States for Uber drivers to use their iPhones and stay connected safely on the road.
Here is everything new on the Uber app
- The new home screen features:
- A simplified layout, so users can quickly book rides and order Uber Eats deliveries with fewer taps.
- Services tab to find all available riders and delivery offerings in users’ cities.
- Activity Hub to keep track of past and new rides and Eats orders.
- Support for iOS 16 Live Activities and Dynamic Island on iPhone 14 Pro models for users to easily track the progress of their rides on an iPhone Lock Screen or Dynamic Island (iPhone 14 Pro), along with vehicle details, ETA information, and trip status.
- More personalized ride-hailing options for destinations and ride types based on users’ past trips and preferences.
For example, if you typically ride Uber Green, it will likely be the first option you see; and we’ll also show you other offerings for zero-emission rides. Or, if you typically Reserve your rides in advance, we’ll display other pre-planned options on the homescreen that you may not know about.
Uber app is available on the App Store and Google Play. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and compatible with iOS 14.8 or later.
- Call of Duty: Warzone for iOS available for pre-order on App Store
- Pac-12 football could be coming to Apple TV after deal with NFL tanked
- Apple to host free virtual sessions with experts for App Store and Apple Podcasts
- Apple released iOS 16.3 and macOS 13.2 with fixes for new “Privilege Escalation Bug”
- Redesigned YouTube TV app for Apple TV keeps crashing, fix in the works