Some new Windows 11 users may have trouble figuring out how to restart their computers. Since Windows 11 include a new Taskbar with a centered Start menu, it can be confusing to figure out where the power option is.
On the previous versions of Windows, you would normally go to the bottom-left corner of the Start menu to access the power option, but it is not the same in Windows 11. However, you can restart your device using the Start menu, Taskbar, Command Prompt, or PowerShell.
In this guide, we will show you 4 simple ways to restart your Windows 11 computer, via the Start menu, Taskbar, Command Prompt, or PowerShell.
Here are 4 easiest ways to restart the computer in Windows 11
How to restart the computer from the Start menu
- Click on Start to open the Start menu.
- Click the Power button in the bottom-right corner.
- Select the Restart option.
How to restart the computer from the Start button
- Right-click the Start button > hover the mouse cursor over the “Shutdown or sign out” menu.
- Select the Restart option to reboot the system.
How to restart the computer from the Command Prompt
- Click on Start > search for Command Prompt > select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following command to shut down the computer: shutdown -r -t 00 > press Enter on the keyboard.
How to restart the computer from the PowerShell
- Click on the Start > search for PowerShell > select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following command to restart the computer: Restart-Computer > press Enter on the keyboard.
- When done, Windows 11 will reboot immediately. If you specify a number other than zero in Command Prompt, the system will wait that number of seconds before shutting down and restarting.