Apple has finally released the anticipated ‘SharePlay’ feature in iOS 15.1, iPadOS 15.1, tvOS 15.1, and watchOS 15.1. Now users on compatible devices share their screens, music, watch videos, enjoy workouts or meditations, and much more with their family and friends via FaceTime calls, in sync. Here is a list of apps you can use to SharePlay on iPhone and iPad.
Apple and third-party apps compatible with SharePlay on iPhone and iPad
FaceTime SharePlay will not only allow users to have a virtual watch or listening parties but will also give each participant control playback. So that anyone in a SharePlay call can play, pause, skip a track or jump to the favorite part in a movie, all in real-time.
- Apple Music
- Apple TV+
- Apple Fitness+: with up to 32 people, subscribers can start Group workouts or meditations to move towards their fitness goals with family, friends, or colleagues, pushing and motivative each other every step of the way.
- HBO Max
- Pluto TV
- Heads Up: Funny charades game
- Flow: Sketch, Draw, Take Notes
- Relax Melodies: Sleep Sounds
- BlueBirds – Focus Timer and Tasks
- Doneit – Planner & Reminders
- Kahoot – Play & Create Quizzes
- Explain Everything Whiteboard
- CARROT Weather
- Power Play Music Player– Create playlists together [Update]
SharePlay is available across Apple devices: iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV. While connected to FaceTime SharePlay call on iPhone or iPad, users can move their watch party to a big screen via Apple TV. However, the feature is not available on macOS Monterey yet. It will release on compatible Mac models later this fall.
With my app Power Player users can create playlists together using SharePlay
Thank you for sharing Tim! We will add this to our article.
Hi, Tim. Your app has been added.