Snapchat+ brings four new exclusive features to its subscribers to customize their experience on the platform. In just six weeks’ time since its launch, Snapchat+ has reached over 1 million subscribers.
In June, Snapchat Inc. launched a new paid tier on its app called Snapchat+ in select regions. For $3.99 per month, the new “mostly a cosmetic upgrade” offers users exclusive features like the ability to change the styles of the app’s icon, pin one of their friends to the top of their chat history as “BFF”, and view who rewatched their stories.
Snapchat+ offers four new customization features to its more than 1 million subscribers
- Priority story replies to make users’ replies more visible to Snap Stars.
- Post view emoji feature brings a signature sign-off to users’ snaps. They can pick an emoji to appear at the end of their Snaps.
- New Bitmoji backgrounds are added to give users Bitmoji avatars “more flair” with special backgrounds like the beach, a marble wall, and others.
- New App Icons with new designs.
How to enable Snapchat+ service
To subscribe to Snapchat+, users in compatible regions must make sure their app is updated to the latest version and then can follow the listed steps:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- In the camera UI, tap on the profile icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “Snapchat+” banner at the top.
- Simply tap on the subscription to start the service with a 7-day free trial: $3.99 USD per month, $21.99 USD for 6 months, or $39.99 USD per year.
Currently, Snapchat+ is available in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Switzerland, Ireland, Belgium, Finland, Austria, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, India, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, and Sweden.