Whitoken theme for iPod Touch by 6MIK has been released as a beta. As expected I installed it ASAP, and it looks just amazing! Apart from the icons issue, which will, hopefully, all be converted to the whitoken design, it works and looks just as shown above! I decided to create a guide for the lengthy and hardworking process required to get this theme working. It’s all worth it, trust me.
1. You’ll need a jailbroken iPod Touch with OS 3.0 installed. I’ll create a guide for that soon, but for now, you’ll have to Bing it.
2. Go to Cydia and add these repos to your sources:
3. Install these apps from Cydia:
Five Column Springboard
Using WinSCP, connect to your iPod via SSH. Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications and copy all the folders starting with _shortcut from the download file to that location. Then, navigate to /private/var/stash/Themes and copy the whitoken by 6mik.theme folder to that location.
4. Go to the Categories app that you just installed and create these folders:
Home, Media, Apps and Games. Create them with these exact names.
5. Now you’ll have to add all your apps, games and media apps to these folders. Just make sure you leave out 4 apps in each category i.e. add all but 4 apps to each category because you’ll need those 4 apps on each page. Move these apps to your dock Todo or Things to the left, Clock in the center and App Store on the right. I use Notify Me as shown below.
6. Now you’ll have to work with the apps you download in Cydia.
You’ll have to activate it if you don’t already see 5 columns in your springboard pages.
Activate it, but hide Hidespringdots
Go to General and deactivate “page titles” and “jump dock”
Go to Jump icons and activate Page 0, 1, 2 ,3 but deactivate all others.
Respring your Springboard.
7. Now you’ll have to rearrange your icons, Spring jump icons, and blank icons in such a way that they resemble the images below (images are from the readme file) :
8. Now, navigate to all the category folders you created one by one, and follow these steps: Tap on the ‘i’ on the bottom right to go to options and change Use background.png to on and icon font color to white
9. Now, the final step. Go to Winterboard and turn on the Whitoken theme. Also, make sure No Undocked Icon Labels and No Docked Icon Labels are checked. The final result should look like this:
Enjoy! If you have any issues or questions, leave them in the comments below!
Download Whitoken Theme