Microsoft has announced the release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10547 to Fast Ring users. There are a lot of changes and improvements in this new release even though it is not a major version number changes from the Windows 10 Fast Ring release. Windows 10 build 10537 was recently leaked online with some changes but it was not release officially by Microsoft.
The new build has the following updates:
- Improvements to Start menu with the ability to add a 4th column. This can be done by going to Settings > Personalisation > Start and enabling ‘Show more tiles’ option
- Tablet mode is getting some much needed love. From Task View, users can now snap apps and replace existing ones on screen. Apps can also be swiped down to close from here.
- App updates are also mentioned by Microsoft, specifically for Fast Ring users. To install them, users will have to go to the Store app and manually check for updates.
- Object RTC preview is included in Microsoft Edge which will allow video and audio communication/calls without the need of plugins. Google Chrome already has this and Hangouts uses this feature.
- Other improvements include option to disable the background image in the lock screen, improvements to text panel, fixes for search, start, Realtek audio devices, notification icon for Action Center and much more.
- There are also some known bugs with this build. You can see the compete details here.
You can download and install the new release from Windows Update, if you are in the Fast Ring. As always, make sure that you do not install Fast Ring builds on your daily driver as they are likely to have issues. These are test builds and should be treated as such. Don’t forget to share your feedback with Microsoft if you install it.