Windows 11 build 23531 is now available in the Dev Channel. This build includes a number of bug fixes and performance improvements like resolved issues with the Start menu, the taskbar, and the File Explorer.
It also features a new search flyout for an improved Search experience.
Table of Contents
Windows 11 re-introduced the search flyout by hovering over the search box
According to official changes, Windows 11 build 23531 has re-introduced the search flyout when users hover over the search box in the taskbar. This makes it easier to find what users are looking for without clicking on the search box first.
This build also includes a slew of fixes and improvements for existing features.
Windows 11 build 23531 new fixes
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to move the Task Manager window with touch or pen.
- Fixed an issue where Task Manager was crashing when using the reset to default button in Settings.
- Fixed an issue which was causing sporadic crashes when using Task Manager, including when ending tasks.
- Fixed an issue where if you did a search and then cleared it, the view would still be filtered even though there was no search anymore.
- Fixed an issue where the search icon would become overlapped with the Task Manager text in the title bar.
- Did some work to help improve the performance when switching between different pages in Task Manager.
- Updated the summary view for the Performance page (that you see when double clicking the graphs in the navigation pane) to make the window smaller.
- Fixed an issue which could cause explorer.exe to crash when closing File Explorer.
- Fixed an issue which was causing File Explorer to crash when navigating to Gallery if you had a large number of images.
- Fixed an issue where “Automatically type into the Search Box” wasn’t working when File
- Explorer was open to Home.
- Fixed an issue where if you tried to copy and paste, a file out of a compressed folder and into a OneDrive folder might fail with an error code.
- Fixed an issue which could cause HDR wallpapers to appear washed out when HDR was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that was causing explorer.exe to not work in safe mode.