Reportedly, Microsoft is working on an easier way to end tasks directly from the Windows 11 taskbar. Instead of going to the Task Manager to end a task, the new feature will let users quickly end a process or close an app.
Microsoft added the new”End Task” on Windows 11 Dev Channel Insider build 25300
Spotted by Twitter user @PhantomOcean3, the feature was on the recently-released Windows 11 Dev Channel Insider build 25300. However, the “End task directly from the Taskbar” feature is currently hidden in the Dev Channel build, and usually, users can enable hidden features in Windows 11 by using ViveTool, but the new End task option is an exception here.
Currently, when an app or process stops responding on Windows 11, users go to Task Manager and click on the End Task option that closes the task and allows users to relaunch the app or process but this upcoming feature will make it much more efficient and easier.
You will soon be able to quickly end an entire task/process by right clicking it on the taskbar and choosing a new 'End task' option, Task Manager style. New in build 25300 and hidden.
vivetool /enable /id:42592269 pic.twitter.com/mdw9XLeQln
— PhantomOcean3💙💛 (@PhantomOfEarth) February 15, 2023
It must be kept in mind that Microsoft has not released it to Insiders because the new End task feature in the right-click menu is too buggy to be released for the Windows 11 Dev Channel Insiders.
Even if interested users of Windows 11 Insider running build 25300 want to try out the new feature, download it by following the below-listed steps:
- Download ViveTool GUI from GitHub
- Install the app
- Open the app and search for feature ID 42592269
- Enable it
- Apple shares iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 adoption rates
- iOS 16.4 beta adds 15 new emoji to iPhone: shaking face, goose, new heart colors, and more
- iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 beta 1 released to developers
- Goldman Sachs remains optimistic about its partnership with Apple, despite income losses from Apple Card
- Microsoft to permanently disable Internet Explorer through new Edge update
- Apple TV+ MLS Season Pass will be available to T-Mobile subscribers for free