Unlike Windows 7, Window 8 ships without Media Center, Microsoft’s TV viewing experience. For Windows 8, Microsoft decided to make it available as a paid upgrade. The good news for early adopters is that Microsoft is offering Media Center for free (for a limited time) to Windows 8 Pro users. Find out how to get free keys for Media Center after the jump!
If you have a PC running Windows 8 Pro, head over to the Windows website and claim your free Media Center key. You will need to enter your email address to get the key and with each e-mail address, you can only obtain one product key for the Media Center Pack. You can use multiple email IDs to get more keys if you have multiple Windows 8 Pro running PCs.
Once you get the product key by email, follow the simple steps below to download Windows Media Center to your PC:
- Open Start Screen and search for Add Features to Windows 8 which will be then shown in search results. Open it.
- In new windows opened, select I already have a product key and enter the product key you just have received.
- Proceed Next and accept license terms and then click Add features.
- Now Windows will start adding Windows Media Center and during the process, your PC will restart.
- After your PC restarts, you will see Windows Media Center tile in Start Screen.
The offer is only applicable to Windows 8 Pro users. Those running Windows 8 will have to purchase Windows 8 Pro Pack before getting Windows Media Center for free. The offer is for a limited time and valid until January 31, 2013.
Will you download the free Windows Media Center update for your PC? Share your opinion with us in the comments section below!