Opera Mini on the iPhone just wasn’t that great compared to Safari. Safari is just an amazing browser for Mac. Opera 10.52 is another “speed freak” browser, and with a new release for the Mac, do you think it’ll beat Safari?
New features in Opera 10.52
- Enhanced platform integration on Windows and Mac means that Opera looks and works better than ever on your operating system.
- A beautiful, new design looks great on Windows, maximizing your view of the Web and fully utilizing Aero transparency on Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Our improved dialogs will not get in your way or interrupt you. You can now switch between different pages without having to clear prompts first.
- Searching is easier than ever, with Web search integrated right in the address field. You can also find pages from your history and bookmarks, as you type.
- Displaying pages in the size you want is smoother than ever, with a new zoom slider in the status bar.
- Rest assured that browsing stays personal with private browsing. Once you close a private tab or window, the data from that session is removed from the browser without a trace.
I was looking at my iPhone with one eye brow raised when I was using the Opera Mini, nothing compares to the page rendering of Safari, sorry Opera fans. The only advantage of Opera has over Safari is it’s page loading speed, and Opera 10.52 runs on the same formula of speed, those of you have a slow or laggy internet connection, Opera 10.52 is the place to turn to without hesitation. It’s a perfect alternate browser for any laptop, PC or Mac. Opera Turbo is a great feature which speeds up page rendering by compressing it to a point where every image looks like a Windows 95 wallpaper, highly compressed and small in size! It has the almost the same features as it’s PC counterpart, and it deserves to be given a try!
You can download Opera 10.52 for Mac from Opera’s website. Tell us what you think about the browser. [via 9to5Mac]