Uber has added new Trip Tracker functionality to its recently released feature Family Profiles. Trip Tracker allows users to monitor journeys made by family members included in the Family Profile list.
Family Profiles, which was introduced last month, allows users to share a safe and secure payment method with up to 10 people. The new Trip Tracker lets users follow the journey of any family member by receiving automatic notifications of the trip’s details and by showing live progress of the trip by viewing it in the app.
The Family Profile feature is an extension of the company’s program launched last year, UberASSIST. The family-friendly program introduced specially trained drivers to assist the rides of elderly and disabled passengers. The latest feature makes it convenient for members of a Family Profile to manage ride payments through a single account rather than through individual credit cards. The account is managed by an organizer, who has to invite other members. It is not only a convenient feature but also a safe one as it allows door-to-door monitoring of family members’ rides via Trip Tracker.
Uber has also recently expanded its partnership with Foursquare. Foursqaure, one of the most popular location services in the world, will be providing Points of Interest (POI), names and locations of local restaurants and businesses to Uber. Uber is seeking to enhance its rider and diver experience by utilizing the breadth and accuracy of Foursquare’s location intelligence. Both companies have taken their partnership to the next level. Last year, Uber rides were integrated in Foursquare’s app and now Foursquare venues are integrated into Uber.
Here is how you can set up a Family Profile in Uber and use Trip Tracker:
- Ensure that Uber is updated to the latest version on your smartphone
- Open the Menu and select Settings
- Scroll down to “Add Family Profile” and select the contacts to add. An invitation will be sent to the added individuals.
- Upon accepting the invitation, the rider will be able to request an Uber and can use Family Profile as the mode of payment.
- The cost of the trip will be automatically sent to the Family Profile and the organizer will receive a receipt for every ride.