Apple has announced winners of the 2021 App Store Awards which honor the 15 best apps and games which allowed users to stay connected to people, have fun, explore personal passions, and more. Apple’s global app Store editorial team chose the winning developers from around the world for “delivering exceptional quality, innovative technology, creative design, and positive cultural impact.”
Apple has been honoring developers’ hard work and craftsmanship through annual awards for more than a decade but in 2020, the company gave out its first physical awards. And the company has continued with the same practice. Each winner of the 2021 App Store Awards has received the signature blur App Store icon made out of 100% recycled aluminum with the App Store logo on one side and the name of the winner on the other side.
2021 App Store Award winners: Best 15 apps and games across devices and Apple’s Best Trend of the year
Apple’s Best Apps of 2021
- iPhone App of the Year: Toca Life World, from Toca Boca.
- iPad App of the Year: LumaFusion, from LumaTouch.
- Mac App of the Year: Craft, from Luki Labs Limited.
- Apple TV App of the Year: DAZN, from DAZN Group
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Carrot Weather, from Grailr.
Apple’s Best Games of 2021
- iPhone Game of the Year: “League of Legends: Wild Rift,” from Riot Games.
- iPad Game of the Year: “MARVEL Future Revolution,” from Netmarble Corporation.
- Mac Game of the Year: “Myst,” from Cyan.
- Apple TV Game of the Year: “Space Marshals 3,” from Pixelbite.
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: “Fantasian,” from Mistwalker.
Apple’s Best Trend of the Year: Connection
For 2021, Apple’s global App Store editors named ‘Connection’ as the year’s trend which had a lasting impact on people’s lives. The apps and games which helped people stay connected in 2021 are:
- “Among Us!” From Innersloth
- Bumble, from Bumble Inc.
- Canva, from Canva
- EatOkra, from Anthony Edwards Jr. and Janique Edwards
- Peanut, from Peanut App Limited
Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, said:
“The developers who won App Store Awards in 2021 harnessed their own drive and vision to deliver the best apps and games of the year — sparking the creativity and passion of millions of users around the world. From self-taught indie coders to inspiring leaders building global businesses, these standout developers innovated with Apple technology, with many helping to foster the profound sense of togetherness we needed this year.”