AirPods Pro 2 have a new feature that shows their custom engraving in iOS when the pairing or connection pop-up appears. Although AirPods have supported laser engraving for a long time, the company has not offered this feature before. This is an exclusive new feature to AirPods Pro 2, and there have been no reports of this working with other AirPods models.
AirPods Pro 2 laser engraving on iPhone
The free laser engraving can include certain emojis, and now custom Memojis, which can be selected during checkout when AirPods Pro 2 are directly purchased from Apple. When users try to pair these AirPods with their iPhone or iPad, the pop-up that appears will show the same engraving in a digital 3D version fo the AirPods on the screen.
This is a minor but pretty cool feature and shows the company’s attention to detail. However, if users intend to resell their AirPods in the future, it is best to use a laser engraving that is neutral and not their Memoji, as that might make it difficult to sell them.
AirPods Pro 2 are available for purchase now, and feature a new H2 chip, improved Active Noise Cancellation, enhanced audio, improved Transparency Mode, Find My support, as well as support for Apple Watch charger and a lanyard loop.
- New AirPods Pro 2 charging case can display its battery status on iPhone even when you are wearing the earbuds
- AirPods Pro 2 new extra-small ear tips are not compatible with the original AirPods Pro
- AirPods Pro 2 reviews round-up – Better in every way compared to the first generation
- AirPods Pro 2 features are available in high-quality OTC hearing aids – Report
- AirPods Pro 2 first look video demos noticeable audio improvements
- AirPods Pro 2 support Apple Watch charger, lanyard loops, and more
- iPhone 14 and AirPods Pro 2 support Bluetooth 5.3, but LE Audio support not confirmed
- AirPods Pro 2 vs. AirPods 3 – features and price comparison
- Some AirPods Pro 2 features won’t work with iPad and Mac until October