Apple is hosting a two-day promotion to celebrate the Japanese New Year with a limited-edition AirTag and gift cards with the purchase of eligible products.
For a limited time from January 2 to January 3, customers in Japan will receive a free Apple gift card worth up to ¥32,000 with the purchase of an eligible Apple product. Consumers will also have the chance to receive a limited-edition AirTag with a custom engraving, celebrating the Year of the Rabbit.
Apple customers in Japan can enjoy Lunar New Year 2023 with gift cards and limited-edition AirTag
From January 2 to January 3, customers in Japan can receive a gift card worth up to 32,000 yen with the purchase of an eligible Apple product. Here are the exact gift card values for each eligible product:
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone SE – ¥8,000
- iPad Air, iPad mini – ¥8,000
- iPad (9th generation) – ¥4,400
- M1 MacBook Air, M2 MacBook Air, Mac mini – ¥16,000
- 13-inch MacBook Pro, 24-inch iMac – ¥24,000
- 14-inch MacBook Pro, 16-inch MacBook Pro – ¥32,000
- Apple Watch SE – ¥8,000
- AirPods (2nd generation), AirPods with Lightning charging case (3rd generation) – ¥4,000
- AirPods Pro (2nd generation) – ¥8,000
- AirPods Max – ¥12,000
- Studio3 Wireless, Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats Pro, Fit Pro, Studio Buds – ¥8,000
- Flex – ¥4,000
- MagSafe Dual Charging Pad, Apple Pencil (2nd Gen), Smart Keyboard Folio -¥4,000
- Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro/iPad Air – ¥8,000
2022 is the year of the Rabbit in Japan and an exclusive limited-edition AirTag celebrates this with a special rabbit emoji engraving. The first 30,000 customers who purchase a new iPhone SE, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, or iPhone 13 mini will receive the special AirTag as well as a gift card worth 8,000 yen.
Note that the promotion for AirTag is only applicable through Apple’s online store and retail locations in Japan. Apple Store app orders will not be eligible. The reason why orders placed through the Apple Store app will not qualify for the exclusive AirTag remains unclear, so customers should stick to using the online store.