Apple is hosting a two-day promotion to celebrate the Japanese New Year. For a limited time on January 2 and January 3, customers in Japan will receive a free Apple gift card worth up to ¥24,000 with the purchase of an eligible Apple product. Consumers in Japan will also have the chance to receive a limited-edition AirTag with a custom engraving, celebrating the Year of the Tiger.
Apple offer limited edition AirTag as part of a promotion celebrating the Japanese New Year
2022 is the year of the Tiger in Japan and the exclusive limited edition celebrates this with a special Tiger emoji engraving. Customers who purchase an iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone SE during the promotion period will receive the AirTag. However, only customers who place the first 20,000 orders will receive the AirTag, so these are pretty rare.
Here are the exact gift card values for each eligible product:
- 2nd generation AirPods, 3rd generation AirPods, Beats Flex, Beats Studio Buds,
- 2nd generation Apple Pencil, 4-pack of AirTags – ¥3,000
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone SE – ¥6,000
- Apple Watch Series 3, Apple Watch SE, AirPods Pro, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD,
- Beats Studio3 Wireless, Beats Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats Pro, and Magic
- Keyboard for iPad Pro – ¥6,000
- iPad Pro, MacBook Air, 13-inch MacBook Pro, and Mac mini – ¥12,000
- 27-inch iMac – ¥24,000
Note that the promotion for AirTag is only applicable through Apple’s online store. Apple Store app orders will not be eligible. The reason why orders placed through the Apple Store app will not qualify for the exclusive AirTag remains unclear, so customers should stick to using the online store.
Customers can also create handmade holiday cards to celebrate the Japanese New Year through the free Today at Apple program.
- Apple launches new ‘Tracker Detect’ app on Android to find unknown AirTag tracking their location
- AirTag’s safety feature saved an owner’s 2018 Dodge Charger from car thieves