Announced at WWDC 21, iOS 15 includes several new features for FaceTime, Wallet, Photos, Weather, and Apple Maps including new animations, graphics, and more. A helpful feature that users will appreciate in iOS 15 is the option to use as much temporary storage as required to make a temporary backup. This will come in handy for users who want to move data to a new iPhone or iPad but need extra iCloud storage.
iOS 15 offers free, unlimited iCloud Storage for backups and transferring data
As per the tech giant, it is granting users as much free, unlimited storage as they require to transfer data from one device to another. The storage will be available for up to three weeks giving users plenty of time to transfer their data to a new device.
Now when you buy a new device you can use iCloud Backup to move your data to your new device, even if you’re low on storage. iCloud will grant you as much storage as you need to complete a temporary backup, free of charge, for up to three weeks. This allows you to get all your apps, data, and settings onto your device automatically.
This temporary iCloud storage boost is especially helpful for users who do not have plans to upgrade past the 5GB of storage included with a free iCloud plan.
At WWDC 21, the Cupertino tech giant also announced that its pain iCloud storage plans are not called iCloud+. The service consists of a VPN-like feature called Privacy Relay that will hide a user’s information as they surf the web, Mail Privacy Protection, and the option to create a custom domain name that can be used with family members.
- iOS 15 features new StoreKit API which allows users to request refunds directly within apps
- iOS 15 and macOS Monterey get password authenticator for two-factor authentication
- iOS 15 Accessibility features: Magnifier app, sound actions for Switch Control, explore images with VoiceOver and more
- iOS 15 features WPA3 security for hotspot connections
- iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 allow developers to access more of a device’s RAM
- Here is how Siri works offline in iOS 15
- iOS 15 allows users to update to beta release when restoring device from iCloud backups
- What is iCloud+ Private Relay in iOS 15 and macOS Monterey, and how does it work?