Apple has updated its website to list down all of App Store’s service, benefits, safety, security features, and more. The dedicated section highlights how the company’s digital market place is made a safe and innovative place for users and developers to utilize the complete potential of their devices.
Currently, the App Store is under scrutiny by anti-trust committees from around the world and strongly criticized by developers. Unhappy with the 30% commission rate of the App Store policies, companies like Spotify, Epic Games, Facebook and others, and have accused Apple of monopolizing the digital ecosystem which has initiated anti-competitive behavior investigations by federal agencies in the United States, Italy, EU, Russia, and Japan.
App Store Benefits and Services
Apple has categorically denied all accusations and has defended the 30% commission rate of the App Store on every platform, social and legal. In its efforts to justify the app’s share-cut percentage to consumers, the company has updated its Apple Store Online to list down all services and benefits the digital marketplace offers to consumers and developers for a safe and secure download experience.
“For over a decade, the App Store has proved to be a safe and trusted place to discover and download apps. But the App Store is more than just a storefront — it’s an innovative destination focused on bringing you amazing experiences. And a big part of those experiences is ensuring that the apps we offer are held to the highest standards for privacy, security, and content. Because we offer nearly two million apps — and we want you to feel good about using every single one of them.”
App Store Services for Safe Downloads
- Stories and collections
- 20,000 stories and counting
- Updated daily
- Curated by experts
- Discover Apps
- Over 1.8 million apps
- 175 storefronts in over 40 languages
- Over 150 expert editors, globally
- Privacy and Security
- Security for every app and at every level
- 100% of apps are screened for malware, automatically
- over 10,000 apps use Health Kit, CareKit, and ReseachKit designed to protect patients privacy
- Update privacy features allows users to choose what data is shared and with whom
- Apps can’t pull users data from other apps
- Over 150,000 submissions were rejected for violating privacy guidelines in 2019
- Trust and Safety – Download with confidence
- All apps comply with App Store guidelines
- Weekly review of over 100,000 apps by 500 experts from around the world
- Blocks all inappropriate content. Over 1M submissions have been rejected for objectionable, harmful and illegal content.
- Moderators review worldwide App Store charts for quality and accuracy, every day
- No surprise purchases
- Purchases are backed by AppleCare
- Over 900,000 apps use Apple Pay and StoreKit for goods and services
- Over 180 local payment methods and 45 currencies support
- Every day, more than 4 billion apps are distributed from Apple’s data centers which run on 100% renewable energy
- Take advantage of Apple’s latest hardware technologies to build apps