At the time of launch in Europe, the HomePod mini costed €99. Now, Apple has quietly increased the price of its compact smart speaker in select European countries by €10.
Launched in October 2020, the HomePod mini was introduced as an affordable, compact, and vibrant version of the original and expensive HomePod (1st generation). It delivers 360-degree room-filling sound, computational audio, stereo pair, and much more.
HomePod mini now costs €109 in select European countries
iGeneration spotted that Apple has increased the price of its compact smart speaker from €99 to €109 in Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Austria.
With the price hike, the HomePod mini now costs the same as it does in other European countries like Finland, Norway, Belgium, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. MacRumors also spotted that the company had increased the price of the speaker in the UK as well from £89 to £99.
The tech giant changed the price of its HomePod mini after announcing the second-generation HomePod. And it was discovered that the compact speaker had been equipped with a temperature and humidity sensor which was kept dormant until now.
With temperature and humidity sensing tech, the HomePod mini can now measure indoor temperature so users to create automations for different times of the day.
The new built-in temperature and humidity sensor can measure indoor environments, so users can create automations that close the blinds or turn on the fan automatically when a certain temperature is reached in a room.
- Apple’s $99 HomePod mini helped double its market share in Q3, 2021
- HomePod 2 to gain the new “Sound Recognition” safety feature in Spring
- HomePod 2 stereo pair is incompatible between first and second-gen models
- Apple working on new iPad-like smart displays and faster TV set top box
- Gentler Streak for iPhone gains in-app Mirror Tracking via Live Activity
- Lens supplier for Apple’s AR/VR headset will start shipping components in February
- Apple working on more affordable AR/VR headset, priced the same as iPhone